dimanche 29 août 2010

SAILING...

Does anybody remember the summer of 1980 and Christopher Cross, this big bear kind of guy singing in a high pitch but such beautiful songs. This one is one of my faves for summertime Sailing I've linked a live version done in aug2007, cool!

It's for the AUG10VSNO hosted by Erica (msdaiquiri) on SCS. We were to use a summertime song as inspiration and a same number for the sketch an color challenge. I chose SC02 and CC02. What fun I had using Barbara's knot tutorial. Thank you so much for sharing that. And I needed a birthday card for my brother Ricky turning yep, 53. You wouldn't know by looking at him, he is one handsome dude. Here's a pic from 2007, still looks the same.



I know Ricky loves this song also. Thank you for stopping by, it's always a pleasure to see you.

Oh and for you single ladies out there, sorry, he's been LIVING HAPPILY with his wife for over 20 years now! I know, all the good ones are married! LOL

11 commentaires:

  1. AWW!! I just adore your photo!! :) I love the song too...it's so relaxing! What a beautiful card! The colors are wonderful!! TFS!!HUGS

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I definitely remember that song, LOL! What a great card for your brother! And your knot is awesome using that cord! I'm so glad you found my tutorial helpful, Marilyn!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hey chickie!!!!!! Oh my gosh!! Tell your brother I don`t know what he is doing to stay looking so young but whatever it is its working!!!! Fabulous pic of the two of you!!And yes I remember the song. I need to try that knot as I am always doing water scenes! Talk soon!! Sorry again I missed you!! Me xxoo

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. AWWWWW What a super sweet picture!!!!! He does look great wow!!!!! Fabby card too Peggy, hope you had a great weekend!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Your card is sooo pretty, Peggy, and I love the inspiration song!!!! What a fabulous pic of two beautiful people...neither of you look older that 35!!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Oh I'm just so excited to see you have a blog! I have been so out of it lately I didn't even know! Wow I love your cards and this knot is one I need to learn! Your brother is a hunk and so young looking!!! You look great my friend!!! Hope you had a happy birthday and I've been thinking of you through this week's procedure! Hugs!
    Grace

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Hello my friend! Your card is beautiful, and thank you for sharing the link to the knot tutorial too - I must give it a go. Wow! What a fantastic photo of you and your brother - you BOTH look wonderful and so young! x

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Hi Peggy...hope you get feeling like yourself soon. Love this card and yes, I remember that song..great photo..good looks run in the family, I see.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. PS..if you pop over to my blog there's a little something there for you at the end of today's post x

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. I LOVE THAT PICTURE! HI Peggy, saw that you stopped by my blog, but might not be feeling your best? Sending warm wishes and happy thoughts that you'll be feeling like your YOUNG self soooooon! SNUGS!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. He is good looking! Both of you are! And I LOVE the song Sailing by Christopher Cross one of my all time favorites...Late Happy Bday to Ricky! (Great name its my hubby and sons) :D Hugs...Cookie

    RépondreSupprimer

Thank you for letting me know what you think.

Merci de me faire part de vos idées.